Friday, August 27, 2010

MIA

Once again I've fallen short on my blog. Which is sad because last weekend was AWESOME! I participated in my first triathlon! Our team did Take on the Heat in The Colony- a sprint tri. The distances were as follows:
350 meter swim
12.2 mile bike
3.2 run

I am happy to report I kicked that mother's butt to the tune of 1:36:01! I was surprised that my strongest showing was in swim, completing the distance in 8:44. Biking wasn't too shabby at 47 minutes and I held strong to my running pace, finishing it up at 34 minutes. It was a great showing and I have to say, I feel really proud.

Now the anxiety kicks in, which is two-fold. Firstly, I was EXHAUSTED after the event. Like, wrecked. And it has nothing to do with my nutrition. I was nutrient rich folks... it was just really hard. And since the big event is DOUBLE those lengths, I'm all aflame about that.

But secondly, and most frustratingly, I've had a bit of a health hiccup. I have a fun and fabulous little condition known as Crohn's Disease. And the sleeping monster has reared its ugly head this week. I've had a rough few days with very little exercise. I've started a round of steroids (no, not the kind that will bulk me up and induce rage and hair growth) so that should help. It is going to help. Come hell or high-water, me and my colon are crossing that finish line on September 12.

Tomorrow I'm biking for the first time this week. And running. I'm very excited to do it and I really hope I can keep it together. This event means a great deal to me. Prayers are appreciated.

Claire

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!!!! I will be praying for you! I got an injury this past week and they have cut ALL running out until race day for me as well so I am aflame as well and WIGGIN! We will do this! Trust me!!! And Trust God! Hope your ride and run went well today....Amy

    ReplyDelete