Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Should I Consider Competative Eating?

Did I really just run 45 minutes without stopping? I'm not sure if I should be proud or terrified. One thing is for certain... I'm exhausted. Ran and then swam today, per our schedule's assignment. Today I logged 4.5 miles running and 1500 meters swimming.

In order to prepare for this feat, I ate accordingly. Truth be told, I've been struggling with my nutrition during training. I'm required to eat a boatload of calories each day including scary foods like fat-dense nuts and dreaded carbohydrates... lots and lots of carbs! But, if you don't eat like you should, you start to feel funky and then, you can't preform.

So, today, I ate 15 pancakes in two sittings- one stack at 8:00am and another at 10:30am. I also enjoyed 4 pieces of turkey bacon. I drank a gatorade, 4 cups of coffee and had a few glasses of water. For lunch, I had hummus and pita bread, a large cheeseburger and fries and a cappuccino. I had another gatorade before I worked out and some almonds. Between running and swimming, I had half a luna bar and for dinner I had steak nachos from Mi Cocina. I'm finally full. And already looking forward to breakfast.

Claire

2 comments:

  1. You weren't lying about that: eat anything and if you are running, you are golden! I might need to reconsider this running thing purely for the ability to EAT!!!

    ReplyDelete