Wednesday, June 2, 2010

For the Love of Shoes

It should be noted, that in my closet there are approximately 75 pairs of shoes. These are just the summer ones. 95% are heels. And I love them all. I remember when and where I purchased them. I remember the special occasions I've worn then to and, honestly, I have names for a few. It goes without saying that I love shoes. I've even given up "meals" to make some of them a reality in my life.

So, I cannot tell you the glee I experienced yesterday when I discovered that my new project, aka the triathlon, would entail shoe shopping. I've been in alot of pain the past few days. I hadn't purchased new running shoes yet, but honestly, until last Tuesday, I was doing fine in my five-year-old, red kicks. But no more. The ankles- my GOSH- the ankles have been killing me.

So yeaterday I popped on over to Luke's Locker and had an experience being fitted and buying my first fancy pair of runners that was seriously on par with buying my first pair of Jimmy Choos. It was fabulous.

The nice man working the shoe floor had me walk a little and then trot around- didn't even tell him what my problem was and he could just identify it right off. He immediately said, "oh, I bet your ankles are hurtin" and I obviously was impressed. He then asked how I made the decision on my last pair of shoes, as in, was I fitted. "No," I told him. "I picked them because they were red. And they looked vintage." Silence from the nice salesman.

We tried on several pairs and I learned about pronation (which I over-do apparently) and talked about ankle support. The ultimate result is a pair of cloud-weight Asaics that made this morning's 40 minute trot on the treadmill truly blissful. Best part: they're pink. I am in love! And my ankles are so happy!

Please visit my official Team In Training Page to learn about this amazing cause. Even though I'm in love with my shoes, this isn't about them. I"m training for all those friends and family members we all have who have been affected by Leukemia and Lymphoma and our team specifically is racing for a special little boy, Gage. Click here to hear about Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

No comments:

Post a Comment