Monday, June 14, 2010

Thank You, Billy Idol

I just ran for 60 minutes. It was difficult. But, it was alot more fun thanks to my friend Billy Idol.

Ever since Cindy Mancini ruined her mother's fringed suede outfit with a bottle of cheap red wine to the tune of 'Dancing With Myself," Billy Idol has held my heart.

I've gotten into the habit of wrapping up my runs with "Dancing With Myself" and it never fails me. No matter how tired I am, that intro gets me right back into my rhythm. As I stare out the YMCA window, focused on one tree for concentration, I imagine I'm with all my friends, out dancing, and our early 80s favorite comes on. We do the brat pack kick and sing all together. It's cheesy, but that little daydream really pulls you through mile six when you're about to vomit.

Claire

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Claire. I can't believe you ran for an hour. I'm truly in awe of you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On June 14, I ran for 10 minutes straight and thought I was awesome. YOU are awesome.

    ReplyDelete