Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Could Not Think of a Clever Title Today

Another successful spin today! On Tuesday, I accidentally left the little seat cover I'm borrowing on my stationary bike and was very happy to find it in the same place this morning. I seriously don't think I could face class without that extra padding. I absolutely have a new found respect for bikers of all ilks. I also love an accessory.

And this has me very excited for our TNT meeting tonight at a bike shop in Richardson. I haven't found a bike yet so this should be really helpful to find out exactly what I need and get some tips on finding one economically. Also, I want to start thinking about all the fun things I could potentially decorate my bike with that will not hinder my progress through the race. I'm thinking streamers in my spokes. Perhaps some stickers? I'd dig a basket but I doubt that is legal. I realize this makes me sound like a second grader, but what can I say? I'm colorful. I don't do anything without an accessory.

I really don't want to attract attention or anything... that's never why I wear things with pom-poms and celluloid fruit. Honestly. I just feel more like my self with things dangling and sparkling. And that's important, especially in this endeavor. To feel relaxed in my own skin- and in this case, a skin-tight bodysuit thing. I feel like any accent I add to my little tri-outfit or my bike will be the athletic equivalent of pearls. And pearls give you power. Stay tuned for pictures.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment