Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rockin' the Run

I ran one mile without stopping today. I haven't done that since my final Presidential Fitness Test in 8th grade. I'm so PROUD! I actually ran a total of 2.75 miles and only took two breaks- the first rest being after the first full mile. Such an ego boost for me and totally unexpected- I had a rough night's sleep last night. My whole REM cycle was filled with nightmares and I was having temperature issues- so hot in my apartment!

Given my princess-and-the-pea kind of night, I attribute my success today to my new playlist I created earlier this morning. It really is so much easier to chug along to AC/DC than Wolf Blitzer. I find CNN is totally fine for days I do the gazelle or even a bike, but if I'm on the treadmill, I need to rock.

For fun, here's what I listened today as I upped my endurance to under a 12 minute mile:
1. Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
2. All My Life (Foo Fighters)
3. Annie Waits (Ben Fold's Five)
4. Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin)
5. What'd I say (Ray Charles)
6. Only (Nine Inch Nails)
7. Cherub Rock (Smashing Pumpkins)
8. She Don't Use Jelly (The Flaming Lips)

I would recommend this list to all beginners like myself ... they're intense songs, and all approximately 4 minutes each, so if you want to run in intervals, they're ideal! Rock on, dear reader.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment