Thursday, May 6, 2010

Run!

Yes, I ran. Well, at least, on a gazelle-like apparatus- but still. I chugged along to the tune of 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Given my over-all exercise malaise for the past decade you would probably assume that distance was the highlight of my gym visit today. But that is because you weren't there.

If you had been there, you would have known and agreed that the highlight of today's journey to the YMCA was the chance to watch (briefly) a senior citizens' step aerobics class. I have to tell you, the sight of a woman pushing 80, hopping up an down with little-to-no-effort on a step to the tune of "Don'cha Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me" may have been the best (albeit somewhat disturbing) thing I've seen in I don't know how long. Granny's still got it. And I'm on my way.

Tomorrow I will tackle my, at times, paralyzing gym anxiety and approach the treadmill for an actual attempt to bust into stride. The gym honestly terrifies me. It's like walking into the junior high cafeteria- and I just pray that I don't get stuck at the reject table... aka, the infirmary.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment