Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who put the 'rant' in Grant? ME!

I'll be honest: today has sucked. Now, my workout went well this morning but I ran on a treadmill next to a very annoying, stick-figure of a runner. And I swear she was competing with me... I'd up the speed of my treadmill and she'd adjust hers. I'd walk and she'd run harder, very smugly. Whatever. Good for you that you have the metabolism of a hummingbird and are married to a plastic surgeon. You go right ahead and outrun me.

Then I came home and the ants which I thought I'd eradicated had returned. In full force. You leave one crumb on your counter and it's like the casting call for "A Bug's Life" in your kitchen. And my cats will not leave me alone. They are so thrilled I'm home all the time they're jumping all over me and consequently shedding in my coffee cup. Which is gross.

Around noon I had the joy of taking some clerical tests a temp agency. In case you were wondering, I'm a crackerjack typer- 81 words a minute. Really putting that education to good use.

And, I've missed open swim for the afternoon so I'll probably drown come September.

Obviously, I'm losing sight of all of this today. And by all of this, I mean the reason I'm training. I'm training for people who have it so much worse than I do. I'm training for people who are sick with Lymphoma and Leukemia and who can't, right at this moment, be outrun by some twit at the Y. And I'm grateful I am doing it. I just wish SOMETHING would go right today.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment