Monday, July 26, 2010

Double Days

I am very proud to report that I ran 6miles this morning! This is the distance I'll run in the actual event so that feels really, really good. Got it in in 63 minutes- only walked 3 times. First walk at 3.2 miles, second at 4.5, third at 5.75 (I know, kinda whimped out, but finished running nevertheless). Not too shabby, in my opinion.

Tonight, we swim. I must admit. I really like days where I swim AND run. I don't know why, except, it makes me feel alot cooler than I am. And that's nice. We don't get many opportunities in life to feel that way, so I savor those doubled-up days.

Challenge for the week is to figure out how to incorporate some additional bike rides. My un-official coach has recommended I bump up to four rides a week... and frankly, I couldn't agree more. After riding with Coach last week, and getting some strengthening tips, working on turns and practicing drinking from my water bottle while peddling, I felt SO much better. The more I can do that, the better off I'll be in the ways of biking anxiety.

Stay tuned...
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment