Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Swim

So, I'm either completely broken down or I'm growing. Whichever it is, I was a good team player tonight and actually allowed myself to be coached for once. Now, I was a little bit snarky at first, but after taking a deep breath and listening to our TNT coach, I was able to improve my swimming tonight.

I've made some real progress for sure, but still, I've been having difficulty really being buoyant in the water. My legs tend to drag and my bottom sinks. The problem is I'm not looking down enough when I put my head in the water. I've been so hyper-focused on my breathing and getting my arms to really propel me, I've kinda forgotten about my bottom half.

But tonight I really listened and tried what the coach said. When you put your face in the water, over-exaggerate a little as if you were looking at your feet. And voila! You float! Who knew?

I think after almost 30 years, my inner-only child is finally being beaten into submission. Thank goodness!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment