Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Wolfpack of One

I'm starting to embrace my inner lone wolf. Not in a scary way, like the uni-bomber or anything, but more like an eccentric who can't be bothered with really fast bike-riders. I rode alone today and it was a real delight. Please note, I enjoy ever single person I'm training with. They are all fabulous, funny, kind-hearted people. But they're all faster than me, and today, I needed some solitary exercise to actually feel capable.

And it worked. I made it around the lake in 30 minutes, and for me, that was a huge accomplishment. I even did some hills! Feeling like a real badass, I decided to run two miles after I loaded Blue Steel back up into the Jetta! AND I got those 2miles in just under 20 minutes.

Fun sidenote: When I started to trot off from my car, there were several bikers around me pumping their tires and getting ready for a ride. When I got back from my two miles, the same bikers were still there- they were like "hey, you ok? Why'd you come back so quick?" To which I responded, "Oh, I just did a quick two miles"... they were very impressed!

Clearly, I run better in a pack of one. I realize I'll have to get over this since I'll be running and biking and swimming with, like, 1,000 people soon, but for today, I liked my me time.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment