Thursday, July 8, 2010

Success!

I FINALLY got to ride my bike this morning with my teammates!!! I was no speed demon, but I made it around White Rock Lake in one piece!

It's been 10 years (at least) since I rode a bike and it's true what they say: "It's just like riding a bike." I really did feel more secure by the end of our 10 mile trek and actually, not that tired. Just relieved to get off without injury. I was terrified I'd fall and break something or gash something. So, consequently, I rode like a member of the geriatric set, but no matter!

I am so glad I've been spinning all this time because my endurance was good and I'm not sore. The biggest hurtle for me and biking is just getting used to riding the danged thing. Honestly, the biggest surprise this morning was how easily the balance and cadence of riding came back.

That and how much my hands hurt while riding. My poor little paws were cramping the whole time. Truthfully, that was the only uncomfortable thing about riding- well, that and the anxiety I felt every time a super- speedy pack of pro-riders swished by. I am so glad to have this first time out behind me and eager to get back in the saddle again tomorrow. Maybe I should consider a bike route if a job doesn't pan out- two birds with one stone, no?

Claire

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Claire, there's an article about tri's in this month's Runner's World. Wasn't sure if that was a periodical you regularly peruse (SP?) or not!

    ReplyDelete