Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thanks

I feel compelled this morning to thank every single person who has ever attempted to teach, train or coach me. You are destined for Sainthood.

To all the dance teachers I had, who encouraged me to preform in the front row and not care how I looked in my costume despite my ability or appearance; To my piano teacher who let me come back each week even though I never practiced; To my softball coaches who didn't mind my temper tantrums in deep, deep right field; To a drill team instructor who didn't kick me off the line even after some serious acting out; To all the teachers who told me I was smart even when I was mostly a smart ass. THANK YOU. I am not easy to deal with. At all.

And so now, this morning, I say thank you to the tri-teammates who help me along as I meet new challenges with training. Even though I often lash out at TNT staff and fellow tri-ers, it's nothing personal. It's just the way I cope with fear. Which is probably something I should evaluate.

When you've been as complacent and sedentary as I have been for the past 10 years though, fear is a part of your daily life. And it's very at home with you. Fear has no desire to leave you because it's in control. So starting to conquer that demon of sorts is a little bit like and exercise exorcism. All that fear and worry about not being able to do something start to fight back against you and it really pisses your fear and other negative emotions off. Which is exhausting. I feel like I've been ushered into the crying segment of my training. However, if my head starts spinning around like Linda Blair's, I feel confident there's a book deal in it for me.

Happy Tuesday,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment